Coat of Arms
Annual Meeting &
- Lewis Barton
- Lewis m. Joan
- Lewis m. Joanna Simmons
- Thomas b 1780 m. Frances Burch [Caswell, NC - 1850]
- Chesley b. 1820 [Caswell, NC - 1850] m. Mary
- Elizabeth F.
- Mahala W.
- Lucy T.
- Martha T.
- William A. b. 1821 [Caswell, NC - 1850] m. Drucella Frances
- Ida b. 1862 m. Charlie Reams
- Mary F. b. 1866 m. Ciscero Tapp
- William A.
- William A b. 1868 m. Mary Rogers
- Dora A. b. 1870 m. Robert Jones
- James E. b. 1874
- Elisha m. Polly Cochran
- Elisha Rice m. Elizabeth Burch [Carroll, TN - 1850]
- William D. [Carroll, TN - 1850]
- John W.[Carroll, TN - 1850]
- Nathan [Carroll, TN - 1850]
- Lewis Margaret Willson and Sarah Harelson
- Aquilla m. Elizabeth Kennebrew and Sarah Hensle [Greene, MO -
- William T. [Greene, MO - 1850]
- Mary [Greene, MO - 1850]
- Francis [Greene, MO - 1850]
- James [Greene, MO - 1850]
- Sarah [Greene, MO - 1850]
- Martha [Greene, MO - 1850]
- Greenberry m. Ann
- Asa m. Ann Holt
- James Barton b. 1809m. Nancy Flora [Grainger, TN - 1850]
- Amanda [Grainger, TN - 1850]
- John Wesley m. Louisa Kinkade [Grainger, TN - 1850]
- William Otis m. Margaret Rosette Cormican [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Flossie Edna, born 18 March 1887, died 02 July 1912
- Lottie Agnes, born 19 June 1888, died 10 June 1972, married Kehring
- Alma Pearl, born 17 Sept 1889, died 30 Aug 1943, married Omholt
- Basil Victor, born 13 Aug 1892, died 28 Feb 1945, wife Eunice
- Harriet Opal, born 03 Dec 1896, died 27 March 1954, married Gaulke
- Harry Earl, born 03 Dec 1896, died 1988, married Califerne "Fern"
- Lloyd Randall, born 10 Dec 1898, died 08 Sep 1982
- Beatrice Vivian, born 11 Jan 1901, died 19 Oct 1991, married Bradley
- Orville Wesley, born 13 Mar 1904, died 21 Sep 1984
- Clifford James, born 30 Aug 1903, died 06 April 1982
- Leslie William, born 18 April 1907, died 12 May 1975
- Mildred Zeralda, born 15 Sep 1911, died 26 Aug 1943, married
Henricks or Hendricks
- Jennie M. [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Elizabeth A. [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Harrison I[ Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Ida B. [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- James [Grainger, TN - 1850]
- Jacob [Grainger, TN - 1850]
- Isaac m. Mary McAdams [Grainger, TN - 1850] [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Birtha [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Sylvanus m. Pearl E. Wilhelm [Marshall, IN - 1880]
- Stephen Barton m. Elizabeth
- Daniel b. Jun 1838 m. Mary Jane Saunders [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Artemus b. 1861 [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Elizabeth b. 1864 [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Pleasant Frank b. Nov 1867 [Forsyth, NC - 1880] m. Mary
- Walter Lee b. May 1892
- Mary Etta b. Nov 1898
- Edmund F. b. 1901m. Daphne Hartness
- Thomas E. b. ~1906
- Esau b. May 1870 [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Cassie A. b. Sep 1871[Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Gracie b. Jun 1873 [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Daniel b. 1876 [Forsyth, NC - 1880] m. Minnie Bay
- Edward b. 1877
- Zacheus b. Aug 1879 [Forsyth, NC - 1880]
- Rachel E. b. Dec 1881
- Selah Barton m 27 DEC 1730 Rebecca Biddison
m. 24 JAN 1733 Comfort Roberts, daughter of John
Roberts, Will est admin. 27 Sept 1762
- Lewis Barton(3) , b 24 Feb 1737, who went to Caswell Co, NC
- Greenberry, b 6 NOV 1739, who stayed in Maryland., married ANN ____
- Cathender, born 4 Apr 1768, Thomas, b 4 Jun 1769, and Celia (son),
born 27 NOV 1771.
- Asael, b 14 April 1741, married Ann Holt 29 Aug 1769, and who may be the
Asa Barton found in Orange Co, NC in 1810 and 1820. Another Asael Barton
married a Susanna Millikin 27 Dec 1791 in Baltimore, MD, ? same person or
- Selah, 10 FEB 1743,
- Joshua, b 22 NOV 1745, who most likely went to KY (? via NC)
Four others with names unknown who make up the total of Nine Children left
orphaned. Probable other names to consider, not in order: Equila (Aquila),
Elijah, Thomas, Jacob, Benjamin, Thomas, plus daughter names .
- Lewis Barton(3), b 24 Feb 1737, married Joanna Simmons on 30 June 1757,
Baltimore, MD, died 1831 at age abt. 94 years old. Jonathan Starkey and Mary
Simmons married the same day as Lewis and Johannah. Lewis Barton's Will of 25
July 1831, Caswell, NC. He has a lot of land transactions in Caswell area,
1770s and up, i.e. 24 March 1770, 116 acres on both sides of the County Line
- James, b 19 Feb 1758, with father on 1780 and 1784 tax rolls of St.
Davids District, Caswell Co, NC.
- Thomas(1), born abt 1760,
- Lewis(4) born a,
- Mary Barton Denny,
- Sarah Barton Simmons,
- James Barton
- Thomas Barton(1), b. abt. 1760, m. ?_______ [caswell, nc 1810
- William, [Cas, NC 1810 census 2,3,-,1,-//3,-,-,1,-]
- John, [Cas, NC 1810 census,3,-,-,1,-//3,-,-,1,-], [1820 census,
- Thomas Barton(2), b. circa 1780, married Frances Burch 20 Jan 1813.
- John Barton
- Elisha Barton(1) married Polly Cochran 09 Jan 1799. [1810 census caswell,
nc 2,-,-,1,-//-,-,-,1,-], a few of his children are
- Elisha Rice, Elisha Rice Barton married Elizabeth Burch 31 Oct 1826
Caswell, NC. Died in Carroll, Tennessee.
- William D.
- John W.
- A. Barton.
- Abraham,_____ Bondsman for ANN Barton marry George Simmons, 16 DEC
Abraham Barton married Mary Burch 20 Jun 1826 Caswell, NC
- Lewis Barton (4) married:
- Margaret (Peggy) Willson, married 24 JUL 1804, died before 1820.
- Sarah (Sally) Harelson, m. 08 MAR 1827, both dismissed in 1836 from
church congregation, Bush Arbor Primitive Church, in Caswell, NC.
- Aquilla Barton(1) married Elizabeth Kennebrew, 10 FEB 1813, Caswell, NC
Aquila Barton (2) married Sally Hensle 20 Jan 1842, and all are found
later in Missouri.
Aquilla Barton(1) gave land to build the local Christian Church in
Yanceyville, NC area. He also was the executor of his father's will. He had
a significant argument with his brother Lewis and called the whole issue
before the session of the Bush Arbor Baptist Church, which was the church
Lewis Barton attended.
- Thomas Barton (2), b. circa 1780, married Frances Burch 20 Jan 1813.[1850
- Chesley, b abt 1820, married Mary Page 15 May 1855, and later is also
found in Flat River, Person, NC with William A. Barton,
- William A. Barton (1) b Oct 18, 1821
There are two William A. Bartons at this point in Caswell, NC, one 25 and
one 30, both Millwrights, which is probably a census duplication. One was
counted at work and the other at a home. Thomas Barton(2) family is the
only one left in 1850 in Caswell, NC, and these two brothers are found in
Person, NC together in 1880. They both have wrong dates of age on the 1850
Caswell US Census, according to the 1880 Person, NC US Census
- William A. Barton, b Oct 18, 1821, married Frances ______, born abt 1836
- Ida, b abt. 1862
- Mary F., b abt 1865
- William A. b
- William A. Barton b. abt 1868 (2) married Mary Rogers
- Walter L. Barton, b abt 1890
- William R. Barton, b 1892
- Dora A. b abt 1870
- James E. b abt 1874
Information from primary sources where indicated and from the works of Robert
Barnes on Maryland families.